Friday, January 27, 2006

Houdini Baby

Last night I discovered what I had already suspected...

We have a very smart baby.

Now, I kind of figured John Victor was intelligent. All his siblings exhibit a high level of intelligence, and on both sides of his family there is a tendency towards a high IQ.

Having said that, we found out something else about John last night. He may have a future carreer as a magician.

Here's the story...

Last night, my wife was out running errands and I was watching the kids. I was on the computer, while my kids were in the living room having a snack and watching tv. John Victor, who just a few days ago turned 10 months, was walking around in the kitchen near the computer. Then he walked into the living room with the kids.

When I finished up what I was doing I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. That's when it happened...

I noticed something odd. John was sitting on the floor playing with a diaper.

I thought to myself,

"Rats John somehow got a diaper out of the trash can. I wonder who left the door open to the changing room?"

So, I got up from the couch and went over to take the diaper away. To my surprise the diaper had poo poo in it. I thought to myself,

"Rats, I have to clean the carpet."

I called my oldest son (Matthew) over to pick up John so I could clean up the mess. As Matthew was picking up John I noticed something and I thought to myself,

"It looks like... no that can't be. But it does look like..."

So I say,

"Matthew, let me see something."

I look under John's clothes and sure enough he had no diaper on!

Then I noticed there was poo poo on his leg, on the back of his outfit, etc. So now a lot of thoughts are running through my head, but the first one that runs through my head is,

"How in the world did he get his diaper off!"

I mean REALLY, how in the world did he get that diaper off? He had his clothes on! How did he manage to take off his diaper and then get it out of his outfit? He must be some kind of Houdini.

John Victor found this whole event to be SOOOO funny. He kept laughing and laughing! He laughed while I was changing his clothes. He laughed while I was bathing him. He laughed after bathing him. He laughed when Jill came home and asked why his hair was wet and he wasn't wearing his clothes.

I think he knows way more than he lets on knowing. It's as if he was saying, "You think that was amazing, wait until next week Daddy..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.EveryonePoops.com

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home