Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Not over the hill, just Thirtysomething

My birthday was last weekend and this is the last year I can say I am thirtysomething (39).

When I was younger I thought 39 was really old. I thought that when I became 39 I would feel much older than I do. Then again with a 9 month old baby and 4 other children running around the house, I don't really have time to think about my age.

Another thing that helps me feel younger is having a younger wife. My wife Jill, who also turned thirtysomething this past weekend (34), is five years and a day younger than me.

However, there are things that can make me feel older. Like when my kids say,

"Really, dad you didn't have the Internet when you were growing up?"
or
"You didn't have a remote control for the TV? How did you change the channels?"

The good news is that I don't remember how life was without the automobile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home