Monday, November 28, 2005

Gas Prices are low???

The other day I was thinking how "great" it is that the gas prices are so low. I can go down to the local gas station and get a gallon of unleaded gas for roughly 2 dollars!

The next thought thar ran through my head was:

"Hey, wait a minute.

That's not low!

I am happy about gas being 2 dollars a gallon, what in the world?????"

Doesn't it seem like just last week we could get gas for just over a dollar a gallon?

The oil industry is going to make Billions upon Billions of dollars in profit this year. Because of this a lot of people have come up with things that the oil companies could do with their money, like pay for new refineries, help the people who were misplaced from Katrina, research alternative power, etc.

All of these are good ideas, BUT...

I think the money would be better spent if they funded my future name change.

If Exxon Mobil gives me just 1/100th of their profits for the last quarter. I will change my name to:

George James Exxon Mobil Manty

In fact, I would even be willing to reduce my chances of getting elected and leave out the James. So my name would be:

George Exxon Mobil Manty

Boy does that have a nice ring to it (of course the 8.7 million dollars helps give it such a nice ring).

Who knows, if Exxon Mobil pays for my name change I might even start getting my gas from Exxon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home