Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hotter in Houston or Palm Beach

It's official. I have been back from my trip to Palm Beach Florida and I can tell you without a doubt that Houston is hotter than Palm Beach. There was a little disbelief when I told people at the wedding that I thought Houston was hotter, but when we got back you could immediately feel a difference in the heat. Don't get me wrong, in Palm Beach it does get very hot in the summers, but Houston is definitely hotter.

Another thing that is different is the thunderstorms. In Florida they just don't seem as bad. Everytime a really bad thunderstorm comes through Houston it reminds me of some of the hurricanes I went through in Florida. The constant and LOUD thunder, the Erie darkness, the hail, etc. Don't get me wrong the thunderstorms can be bad in Florida, they just seem worse in Houston.

Of course, hurricanes are much more likely to hit Florida and quite frankly I would rather not deal with hurricanes. Last year my friend whose wedding I just got back from, lost his power for TWO WEEKS. Not only that but his roof and window still haven't been completely repaired yet from the hurricane damage. I personally, think we should find a way to stop hurricanes. I sense a new campaign promise coming...

If you vote for me, no more hurricanes!

I will have to get my eleven year old son Matthew working on that one. He is really into Science and inventing things (he's also really bright), so he will need to come up with invention to stop hurricanes soon.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Hmmmm... I wonder if he can do something about the heat in Houston, that would be REALLY COOL! (pun intended)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home