Monday, August 14, 2006

Photo Fraud - Media Spin - Where's the Truth?

This video is an interesting look into some of the journalistic fraud in the war in Lebanon. It just makes me wonder how much of this kind of thing happens on a daily basis when the media isn't reporting about wars?

It reminds me a little bit of how my wife was misquoted by the Washington Post in an interview she did. A while back Jill was interviewed by the Washington Post for an article on blogging (click here to see article). The article made her out to be a sports fanatic. While that did make the story slightly more interesting, Jill is in no way, shape or form a sports fanatic.

Can you really believe what you read?

If I were President, I would want to pass a law that required the media to spin everything in a positive direction for me. If I misspell a word, I don't want the media to turn me into that guy who couldn't spell tomato. Instead I prefer that the media mention how I won my elementary school spelling bee two years in a row and my spelling is truly phenomenal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was the President?

4:55 PM  
Blogger gmanty said...

When?

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home