Monday, June 26, 2006

What the ???

From cnn:

A British army regiment's ceremonial pet goat was demoted in disgrace after it marched out of line before a host of international dignitaries during a parade to mark Queen's Elizabeth II's birthday, a military spokesman said Saturday.


What kind of army demotes a goat? I feel for the people of Great Britain...

The goat was demoted from lance corporal to fusilier (equivalent of a Private in the US). So now that the goat has been demoted lower ranking soldiers are no longer expected to salute him.

Salute a goat???

Not only that, he was demoted for insubordination. Imagine that... a goat not being able to take orders. That is too funny!

Is the British military for real? When I first saw this I thought it was some sort of an April fools joke. But I checked my calendar and it's June.

I will leave you with one of my personal favorite quotes from the article. This quote stands by itself:

Billy also has an allowance of two cigarettes a day -- both of which he eats,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home