Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New Orleans is Sinking

New Orleans is sinking at a rate of about 1 inch a year and that worries scientist. I don't live in New Orleans so it's hard for me to know how hard this is to hear, but I think it might be time for us to abandon New Orleans. Let it sink into the ocean and build a new New Orleans somewhere far away from the water.

Whenever I drive by New Orleans on our way to Florida, I always think to myself:

"Why would anyone want to live in a swamp?" and "Why would anyone build a city under sea level? What in the world were they thinking?"

In retrospect, the whole city just seems like a bad idea.

I think this latest report about the city sinking is a sign from God that maybe New Orleans should be abandoned. Sometimes man doesn't like to listen to God. Maybe it's not a message from God, but if MY house were sinking I would take it as a message from God that it was time to start looking for another house.

But that's just me...

1 Comments:

Blogger gmanty said...

Jill wanted me to post a comment from her. She told me that Houston is sinking so maybe God is trying to send me a message.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home