Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Judicial System and Marketing

I was just reading this post on Seth Godin's blog and it really got me thinking.

I think he makes a really good point about the Judicial system in the US. I have served on two jurys. At the first trial the jurors went with the facts and at the second trial we went with the stories. Most trials are full of facts and stories. Given the fact that marketers use stories to motivate people to buy stuff, it makes sense that you could do the same thing in a trial.

I am not sure if I would change the court system if I were President.

However, if I ever run for President I should tell some good stories. Bill Clinton told good stories. I think that's why he seemed invcible when he was running. If you tell good stories and connect with people they are going to feel more connected with you than the other guy. If I run for President I am going to stay away from the silly facts and focus on telling the country good stories.

Good stories, backed by my perfect platform.

There's no stopping me now (provided I ever decide to run)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home