Monday, September 26, 2005

Hurricane Rita Close Call at the Airport

Being involved in some big groups here in Houston, I have heard tons of stories, but I thought I would just quickly share one other personal story about the Hurricane, this one is about my Father. My Dad lives in Tampa Bay, Fl, but he was away on business in San Diego. He flew into Houston on Wednesday on his way home to Tampa. When he got there the airport had 2/3 of their employees call in sick Wednesday. So it was really hard to get a flight out. His flight out was canceled and he almost got stuck. However, he managed to get on standby for a flight to Huntsville, Alabama. He actually managed to get on the flight and make it to Huntsville, before being stranded at the airport.

My Dad had a similar experience during 9/11. He was in DC on business during 9/11 and was supposed to fly out that day. After the attacks, the airports in DC were closed indefinitely, but he managed to get a rental car before they were all sold out and drove back home to Tampa that day/night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home